Image Map

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back from Italy....

and FULL!  Italy is a land of beautiful landscapes and buildings, wonderful people and delicious fresh food.  Oh the wonderful food.  I think I had pizza and gelato 5 times in 9 days and I enjoyed every one.

I have over 700 pictures to choose from, not all food of course.  Here is a quick preview of all the wonderful things I saw and ate.   Some edited, some not.

We got this bread on our first lunch in Postiano and we couldn't stop thinking about it.  It was like a thin pizza with just salt, pepper and olive oil.   It was served hot and was so delicious.   I also got an arugula and parmesean salad.   Simple and wonderful.




The main reason we actually went to Italy was for a Wedding for my sister's friend Emily.   Here are a few pictures from the buffets.  I forgot to take pictures of the 6 main courses.  

This was the food line up....
  • Antipasta buffet of meats, cheese, bread, calamari, shrimp, vegetables and hors d'oeuvres
  • Seafood Antipasta or Smoked Cheese
  • Mushroom risotto
  • Ravioli
  • Salad
  • Fish or Beef Wellington
  • Fruit
  • Dessert buffet and cake
It just didn't stop.  I think I was full after the antipasta buffet but I made sure I tried some of everything.











THE DESSERT BUFFET

The cake was huge! I think each tier was 6 inch tall.  There were also several plates of several pastries and cakes - cannolis, strawberry cake, meringue and other puffed pastry, croissant type desserts. 




INTERESTING ITEMS








These lemons and mushrooms were huge!!  I think that lemon was the size of my nieces head.  There were so many beautiful lemon trees all over the south, I guess this one got away from someone.  Or maybe the tree tumbled over.



These were the best strawberries I think I have ever eaten in my life so fresh and juicy.  Worth a photo!




FOOD I ATE

How did I only take one picture of the many pizzas I ate on this trip.   This was a good one though








Carbonara in Florence

















DELECTABLE DESSERTS


Chocolate mousse, waffles, cannolis and brioche croissants with Nutella.  Yummy!








BEST OF ALL : GELATO

Here are two of my five gelatos

Bounty Gelato - I will be making this soon


Blackberry and Cherry 



MY FAVORITE SPOTS

Sorrento in the day

Sorrento at night


Positano

Inside the Colosseum

Me inside one of the bakeries in Pompeii, where the actually found several loaves of bread and some cookies. 

It was a fantastic trip with lots of great laughs and memories.  Thanks to everyone who made it a memorable one.   





No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...