Image Map

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Maple Strawberry Blondies

HAPPY CANADA DAY WEEKEND!




I love Canada, I love Canada Day Weekend. We often head up to the cottage this weekend.  What better place to spend Canada than on a beautiful lake enjoying the great Canadian landscapes.  Sometimes we head into town to watch the fireworks, which I love.  I am still a kid when it comes to fireworks.  I was so excited to see the fireworks at Disney, probably more than my niece and nephews.  Must just be the big kid in me. 

I am so happy to live in this great Country.  Great people, beautiful places and many social benefits.   I say this as I enjoy my 1 year maternity leave.  Pretty great, EH?   Hope all my Canadian friends and followers enjoy this great long weekend. 

I decided to make today's treat full of delicious Canadian items.  Maple syrup and local Ontario strawberries.   I went strawberry picking the other day with a friend and our two little ones.  We just sat them off to the side and they just sat there stealing each others toys and then eating many strawberries.  Then later that after what seemed like hours of chopping I still wish I had more.  They are so fresh and juicy.  I am in love. 


Come back on Canada Day as it starts a GIVEAWAY!!  5 PRIZES to be won. 


Maple Strawberry Blondies

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose + 2 tbsp flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1/3 brown sugar, packed
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup strawberries
  • 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
Icing

  • 2/3 cup strawberry cream cheese
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.  Grease an 8 inch sq pan with butter or non stick spray.
2) In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder/soda, salt and cinnamon.  In a small bowl mix together with strawberries and 2 tbsp flour.
3) In a large bowl or mixer bowl, beat together butter, maple syrup and brown sugar until well combined and creamy.
4) Add egg and vanilla and mix together.
5) Add flour mixture, beat on low until almost combined.
6) Fold in strawberries until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.  Bake for 30-35 minutes. Top will be golden.
















5 comments:

  1. Perfect Canada Day treat! I love fireworks too, and I wish I was spending the weekend in a cottage by a lake, it's supposed to be crazy hot here on Monday! Time to break out the kiddie pool I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Canada Day weekend!!! Being at a lake sounds like the perfect way to spend the weekend! Eating these bars would be another great way to spend the weekend! I am loving the maple/strawberry combination Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything with maple! What a great way to use some of those lovely, early summer strawberries. Have a happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your flavour combination in these, it's sounds delicious. I found your blog on Time to Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is like a perfect combination! :D

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...