Image Map

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Coconut Truffles - Daring Bakers Candy Part 2


For my second candy option in the challenge I decided to make some truffles.  Apparently I am in a chocolate coconut phase. If you really think about it there isn't a big difference between these truffles and the Chocolate Coconut Pie I just posted.  Both made from using a chocolate ganache,  and both techinically have coconut on the outside.  Ooops..They were actually made over a week apart, so I really wasn't planning it.  I am just behind and I couldn't post the truffles until now.   Let's consider the truffles the mini snacking version of the pie.  The quick bite size version, that you can eat four of.  Haha.



INGREDIENTS:
(Adapted from Daring Bakers)

  • 1 3/4 cup (250 grams) dark chocolate, finely chopped
  • 2/3 cup heavy cream 
  • 2 tsp coconut extract
  • 1/2 shredded coconut, finely processed
  • 125 grams dark chocolate, melted
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut, chopped.





INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Place the chocolate and coconut in a heat proof bowl.  Heat the cream in a small sauce pan until it is just about to boil.  Pour the cream over the chocolate/coconut mixture. 


2) Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes and stir to combine until completely melted.  Stir in coconut extract.  
3) Let the ganache sit and cool to firm up so you can scoop out balls.  Using a teaspoon or melon baller scoop out ganache and roll into balls.
4) Lightly coat each ball or simply tap each with some melted chocolate.  You just want them to be slightly sticky so the coconut sticks.


I don't need to say much here.  It's chocolate and coconut.  Truffles are a great entertaining option, they can be cute and beautiful. Easy to make and easy to EAT!

MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!

















1 comment:

  1. It reminds me of an Asian dessicated sweets. It looks promising.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...