Image Map

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Gluten Free Pear Bread & The Liebster Award


Thank you Thank you to the wonderful ladies who nominated me.  On Sunday I received two Liebster blog awards.    It was such a pleasant and encouraging surprise.    Blogging is a lot more fun and creative than my daily grind and it makes me happy to do.   It is exciting to see my readers grow and have people anxious to make what I have blogged about.    This award is just another example of how amazing the blogging community is.   I actually didn't even know what this award was and had to look it up.

Here is the run down: (Thanks to the Ditch the Wheat)

The Liebster Award is a chain letter among bloggers that’s intended to showcase talented up-and-coming blogs (typically, those with 200 or fewer followers). It is based on the recognition that a peer has noticed and appreciated your hard work.

The rules for accepting the Liebster Blog Award are:

  • Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog.
  • Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
  • Copy and paste the blog award to your own page.
  • Award the Liebster to five deserving blogs, like yours, that have 200 followers or less and that deserve recognition.
  • Leave a comment on each blog to notify the awardees and let them know the rules for bestowing the Liebster Award to other bloggers.


Thank you to the follow amazing bloggers you awarded me: 
  • Anna & Chelsea from Hidden Ponies.  I love how they are sisters working together to put together their amazing blog.  Great recipes, great stories.  I want to make everything they blog about!
  • Carol from Ditch the Wheat.  I came across her in my new efforts to experiment with gluten free and I am glad I did.   She made her own Doritos people, how awesome is that. 

If I could nominate you ladies back I would.   I am glad you were both awarded with this as well.

Now I need to pick 5 blogs who also deserve this.  Do you realize how hard this is?

1) K&K Test Kitchen - Like the ladies of Hidden Ponies found me through the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, that is how I found the K&K Test Kitchen.  If I make a trip to Ottawa I might just have to crash their house and cook with them.  I love finding wonderful Canadian Bloggers.

2) Girl Who Bakes - Similar to me she likes to try and make dessert a little less guilty.   As someone who can't break her addiction to treats, this is key.

3) It all Taste Greek to Me - She creates fantastic dishes, opening my eyes to the world of Greek cuisine.  So many cool things to re-create.

4) Queen of Quinoa - I pinned her Raw & Vegan Carrot Cake balls and I have been hooked since.  I always get the urge to be healthy when I read her blog.

5) Easy Baked - I recently just found this blog and loved it.   All her recipes and photographs just make me drool.  Check out the gender reveal fudge.   I am going to use that one day.

That was tough to narrow down.  Ugh.

Oh right.. I also baked something.   So how often do you clean out your fridge?    I tend to do it when I realize I might be running out of space.  Then I go in and find lunches my husband doesn't it or food he forgets.  I also have an addiction to buy unique sauces and spreads I find at the grocery store or market.    My latest favorites bacon jam and pomegranate roobious jam/spread.  So my fridge builds up with these, half used because I frankly forget.   This past weekend, I cleaned the fridge and found a pear puree I bought and never really used.   I figured I should use this up and fast.  A few weeks bake I made a Gluten Free Banana Bread,  that I loved.   I was so happy with how this recipe that I decide to turn this banana bread into a pear bread. 





Gluten Free Pear Bread

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups almond meal 
  • 3/4 cup arrowroot powder 
  • 1/4 cup flaxseed meal 
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds 
  • 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder  (you don't need to add this)
  • 3 tsp cinnamon 
  • 1 tsp salt 
  • 1 tsp baking soda 
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted 
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 2 large eggs + 2 egg whites 
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar 
  • 1 tbsp vanilla 
  • 1 cup pear puree 
  • 3/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped 
INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a loaf or tube pan with non stick spray.
2) In a large bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.


4) In another large bowl or mixer bowl, add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine.


5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low until almost combined.
6) Fold in chopped chocolate and mix on low until just incorporated.


7) Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 -45 minutes - until a toothpick comes out clean.
8) Let loaf cool in pan for an hour before trying to remove from pan.

 Just as good with pear as bananas.  Perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack, anytime.   Love it!!

MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS






4 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks delicious! I love chia seeds and definitely need to branch out more with gf baking/cooking since Chelsea and one of our other sisters are both gf! Although I have to admit I'm ever thankful I don't HAVE to eat gf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Meg!! It was so sweet of you to give K&K Test Kitchen the Liebster Award. And your Pear Bread looks positively delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award Meg, I cant believe you thought of me, thak you so much! I'm a big fun of yours so I'm so happy that you thought of me! I recently tried for the first time the combination pear-chocolate and I was pleasantaly surprised! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I cannot wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...