Image Map

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Double Chip Espresso Cookies with Toasted Pecans


Work has finally returned to normal levels and I imagine I will soon be instituting my third trimester work hours. It's nice to get home and still have a night to do tasks.  Last week I went to register for the baby shower.  That was a little over whelming.  The people at the store failed to give the buying baby guide of critical things I needed until I was done. Now, I wasn't alone I was with my mom and sister but they had the complete opposite affect of  no list and told me to add this, add this, add this.   I left that store thinking what did I even put on the registry.  All I remember is there were some cute turtle things that did make it on the list. So I have spent last couple nights reviewing my registry adding things, deleting things, changing colours.   I also went online to another store and adding a few different things.   I was much more relaxed for that one.

I do feel a strong sense of organization these days. Could be some early nesting  kicking it but it has made life easier.  My husband and I created a cleaning schedule a few weeks ago, which is long over due and well needed.  Every since this schedule has been in place every thing is just easier.  Maintenance is better and just the sense to keep things cleaner exists since we know what is coming on the weekend.

Every few weeks I need to make chocolate chip cookies. It can be traditional or  just a small variation but I miss them, crave them and need to make them.

Double Chip Espresso Cookies with Toasted Pecans
(adapted from Anna Olson)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose
  • 2 tsp espresso powder
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup pecans 
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt - optional for mid bake sprinkle. 
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) In a small bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and espresso powder. In a small saute pan toast pecans on medium heat until fragrant  (3-4 minutes).  Set both aside
2) In a large bowl or mixer bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and well combined.


3) Add egg and vanilla and beat/mix until just combined.   Add flour mixture until almost combined.


4) Fold in pecans and both chocolate chips.  Using a small scoop, place mounds on a parchment/silpat lined baking sheet. Option : Sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt on to each cookie. 


5) Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookies  are golden on the edges.  Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.    
6) Try not to eat them all at once. 

This was a great variation!  I just love the hint of espresso with the chocolate.  Mind you,  I don't think I have ever not liked any variation, so maybe I am biased but these are cookie-licious.    

MEG's RATING: D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!





4 comments:

  1. Giggling a bit about the registry thing.
    The cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turtle things sound cute :) I love the idea of a cleaning schedule...maybe I'll have to implement that around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Meg they look soooo good! I love the coffee kick in cookies although I dont drink coffee.
    Have a good one my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies do look delicious! I am loving the toasted pecans thrown in! :)

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...