Image Map

Monday, April 22, 2013

Biscoff Caramilk Egg Blondies




I FINALLY got my hands on some biscoff spread.  I saw it in the grocery store when we were in Florida and I got so excited.   As soon as we got home, I opened it and swirled my finger in.   Heaven.  How can us Canadians be deprived of this tasty spread.  If you don't know what this is, it is a spread like peanut butter but made from cookies, Belgium Biscoff cookies.  To me it tastes like butterscotch in a jar.  I don't think I could spread this on toast like peanut butter but the baking possibilities are endless.

On a completely side note, Michael Buble's new album "To Be Loved" came out last week and as usual, it is fantastic.  There is something about his music that just makes me happy.  My wedding song was actually a Michael Buble original and myself and my bridesmaids walked down the aisle to two Michael Buble songs.  Too much?  Ha, my husband didn't really have a choice.  The songs just worked out perfectly, so we had to go with them. Although I did want to walk down the aisle to the awards march song from Star Wars but he quickly put a stop to that.   Anyway I suggest you go buy it, make some of these blondies and have yourself a beautiful day.



Biscoff Caramilk Egg Blondies

INGREDIENTS:


  • 2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temp
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup biscoff spread
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp
  • 2 tbsp almond milk
  • 16 caramilk eggs

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Line a 10 inch sq pan with foil, folding over two sides for lifting out. 
2)In a medium bowl combine both flours, baking powder and salt. 
3) In a large bowl or mixer bowl beat together butter and both sugars until light and well combined. Add biscoff spread and beat to combine.  
4) Add vanilla and eggs, mixing until just combined.
5) Add dry ingredients, mixing on low until almost combined, then add milk and mix until flour completely incorporated. 
5) Pour batter into pan.   Place the caramilk eggs into the batter, making them in the center of 16 pieces. 
6) Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool in pan, remove and slice into 16 squares. 

I was so happy with my first biscoff baking experience.   I will be picking up a few more jars in the future.  






















12 comments:

  1. I have not had biscoff yet, but it sounds amazing. It will be great to try it in these blondies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so meant to be friends-this proves it! How funny we posted the same recipe on the same day!!!! Great minds for sure! I love how thick and cake like these are, Meg!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Caramilk eggs in there!! I have a sister who's crazy about Michael Buble too, and I have to say he's growing on me - did you watch him at the Junos? I've seen Biscoff cookies in the stores lately and am wondering if I could pulverize them into a spread...or maybe just use them like graham crumbs? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tasted Biscoff before but have never made anything with it. These blondies look fabulous, so I'm going to have to get with the program! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tasted Biscoff spread before but I guess I need to go buy some because these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These, I'm sure are amazing! I feel like Canadians are missing out on such a great treat without having Biscoff here. I hope one day soon we can get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh these sound just super!!Just found biscoff in the UK for the first time! So i can actually give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously? these look crazy good! now I need dessert! Thanks for linking up at Pint Sized Baker's Two Cup Tuesday Party! I've pinned this! I hope to see you again on Monday Night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know where you live in Canada, but there are at least 2 dutch stores in Chilliwack BC that carry it:)

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...