Image Map

Saturday, December 8, 2012

12 Days of Cookies - Day 2 - Chocolate Malt Pudding Cookies with M&M


I am learning to adjust to my new way of blogging. I call it baby on lap blogging.  It is how I maintain my blog productivity these days.   Baby laying across my legs, laptop on a pillow just within reach beyond baby.  It's not ideal for my back but it works.  She is such a good helper as well.  If you look closely you will she is in her cupcake pj's.


For some reason I like to find ways to put malt powder into baked goods.  It adds such a unique flavour.  So I figured I couldn't go wrong with these cookies. Pudding cookies always turn out well.   I also believe that no matter what every Christmas I must bake with Christmas M&M's.  (Case in point - last years cookies M&M Krispie Cookies)


Chocolate Malt Pudding Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate instant pudding
1/4 cup malt powder
1 large egg
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
3/4 cup Christmas M&M's

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) In a large bowl or your mixer bowl, add butter and sugar.  Beat together until light and well combined.
3) Add pudding mix and malt powder.  Beat on low until combined.
4) Add eggs and vanilla until just combined.
5) Add in flour and baking soda.  Beat on low until almost combined
6) Add M&M's and beat on low until just mixed in and flour is all combined.
7) Using a small ice cream scoop, add rounds on to a parchment/silpat lined baking sheet.  Do not overcrowd, leave at least 2 inches.
8) Bake 11-13 minutes.  Cool 1-2 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

I baked these to giveaway,  let's just say I might need to make another batch.  I don't think they will make it to delivery.

MEG's RATING: D-EEEEE-LICOUS!!


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet little helper...I wish they made cupcake pjs for boys :) I've yet to try pudding cookies, I really need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my those cookies look good! Liked on Bloglovin for future reference.

    And oh my god that baby sooo cute and sooo precious!!!


    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby girl is so adorable, congratulations! I'm impressed you're able to do so much delicious baking and take such gorgeous photographs still when you must be so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg,
    Your daughter is so cute! I also think malt is underused in baked goods. It can add such a unique flavor. I really like your blog and I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. The information about it is available in todays post. Hope you're having a great day!

    Shannon
    www.searchingfordessert.com

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...