Image Map

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

10 Days of Cookies - Day 4 - Vegan Brownies


 So I decided to try and experiment with some vegan baking.  One of my midwives is vegan and I wanted to bake up a container of miscellaneous treats for all my midwives.  They were all amazing and over the course of the last 10 months have taken such good care of me and my baby that I had to thank them.  It will be hard to let them go next week when I will have to switch care over to my doctor.  When my husband and I go for baby #2 I will definitely be going back to these midwives.

This recipe didn't call for egg replacer but has anyone tried it before?

Vegan Brownies

(adapted from Sweet Vegan)

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cup cane sugar
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Preheat oven to 350F.  Spary or line with foil a 10x10 baking pan. 
2) In a large bowl or your mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. 
3) Add the water, oil and vanilla and mix until just combined.   Pour into the pan
4) Drop dollops of the peanut butter into the corners and center of the brownie and swirl around with a dull knife.
5) Bake for 20-23 minutes.  Let cool on a wire rack, remove from pan and cut into squares.

Yummy fudgey brownies!  I think I could keep trying this vegan baking.

MEG's RATING : D-EEEE-LICOUS!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...