Image Map

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Peanut Butter Pretzel Magic Bars




Are you a chrome,  explorer or maybe even firefox fan?  If you have a mac I guess maybe you use safari.  I am a huge chrome fan.  I in fact despise Internet explorer,  it is slow and inefficient.   I have no reference for Mac users as I don't have one.  But I do love Chrome.   Chrome is so smooth, well integrated and has apps.   All sorts of cool apps that you can play in your browser, just like a tablet.  Photo apps, fitness apps, food apps, games and more.  Many apps are just quick jumps to their web pages, sort of like a quick bookmark.   The above photo had the text added through one of the photo apps, similar to pic monkey My husband has recently introduced me to an app called Feedly.   It is a news/blog reader app, it is very cool.  It takes items you follow and puts them into a nicer format, categorizes them and makes it streamlined and neat.   Hopefully this will allow me to keep track a bit more of some of my favorite blogs.  They also have it on android, not sure about Apple but I really like it so far.




One of my favorite blogs Crazy for Crust has been getting super creative with magic bars. All these cool bars she keeps making is making me crave some. I figured I should try to come up with my own kicked up version.   A peanut butter lovers dream bar.   Thanks Dorothy for the inspiration.


Peanut Butter Pretzel Magic Bars



INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups ground pretzels
  • 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 4 Snickers peanut butter bars, chopped
  • Approx 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
  • Approx 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
  • Approx 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
  • Approx 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Note : All are approximates depending on what you prefer and how full you want it.


INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine ground pretzel and butter in a medium bowl and stir together to moisten the crumbs.  Press into a 9x13 pan.  Bake for 10 minutes.
2) Scatter all the chips, cups, peanuts and bars over the pretzel crust.
3) Pour the sweetened condensed milk over top, mostly covering what you can.
4) Bake for 20-25 minutes, until just lightly golden.  Let cool, then slice into squares.

Let's just say I understand why she keeps making these bars!

MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!




9 comments:

  1. Yesssss! Welcome to the magic train! OMG you used a pretzel crust. I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness these look and sound delicious. I have bookmarked the page to try later. If you get a chance stop by my blog Recipe for Life and check out some of my family favorite recipes at: http://deborah-bateman.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Deborah H. Bateman-Author

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to board this Magic Bar Bus. Train. Whatever. This looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just switched to chrome a few months ago.i had no idea how awful Internet explorer was!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, I can only imagine how addicting these are! I need to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look awesome- my family will love them! Thanks for sharing! I am your newest follower!

    Christi
    http://the-not-so-perfect-momblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping from kitchenartistry. These look delicious! I have some PB in my fridge that’s close to expiration, so I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I love magic bars. And I love pretzels. And I also love PB! These sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think ill have to give this ago and made it tonight, it looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...