Image Map

Monday, May 27, 2013

Recipe Swap : Blueberry & Yogurt Parfait.

It is recipe sway day.  I’m so excited to be participating in an Old Fashioned Recipe Blog Swap!
Julie {White Lights on Wednesday}, Kelley {Miss Information} and Rachel {i love my disorganized life} have paired up 30 incredible bloggers to trade recipes on each others blogs for the day

.
Check out this great recipe below from a blogging friend and you can see my recipe on her site - Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Banana Doughnuts.


Hi! I'm Brianna from Flippin' Delicious where I blog gluten-free food and I am very excited to share this delicious, and healthy, parfait with all of you here at Sweet Twist of Blogging. This makes a yummy breakfast or quick snack that takes advantage of the berries that are just coming into season. I know it will be awhile before blueberries are really in season, but they are my favorite!




I have always loved blueberries! Blueberry bagels, blueberry muffins, blueberry cake doughnuts, blueberry crisp... blueberries are definitely my favorite berry. I even went through a phase right after I graduated from high-school where about once a month I would CRAVE blueberries and would run off to the kitchen to make myself a blueberry crisp (with chocolate in the crisp part.) As soon as it was cool enough to eat, I would eat the whole thing while studying! I can't do that anymore, but I this parfait satisfies my blueberry cravings quite nicely.



I can't eat any gluten, so I used Udi's Gluten-Free Sweet & Crunchy Vanilla Granola. You can use a different granola, if you prefer, but I really love this one. I also used Greek yogurt because I like that it is thicker and it is packed with protein. You could eat this as an afternoon snack, or even dessert, but I don't feel even a bit guilty eating this for breakfast!


Blueberry and Yogurt Parfait

Serves 1

INGREDIENTS:

For the Parfait:
Plain or Vanilla Greek Yogurt (I used about 1/2 cup but it will vary based on your parfait glass.)
Granola (1/4-1/2 cup)
1 recipe Blueberry Compote

For the Blueberry Compote:
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1-2 Tbs. granulated sugar
1-2 Tbs. water

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Make the compote by placing the blueberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan and heating over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and the juices are just barely thickened and a little syrupy (about 5 minutes.) Cool slightly before using.
2. In your chosen parfait glass layer a few Tbs. of yogurt, topped with a few Tbs. of blueberry compote, sprinkled with a few Tbs. of granola.
3. Repeat the layers 2-3 times and then enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous! My sister is gluten-free and love the Udi's brand. I'll be sure to share this recipe with her! Thanks so much for being a part of our recipe swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with Greek yogurt. My day just doesn't feel right if I don't have a cup for breakfast. This looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...