Image Map

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Chocolate Apricot Crinkles




I have spent the last three days decorating my house for the holidays.   I love when my house is all decorated.  I love my Christmas trees, well one more than other.  Yes, I have two.   One is 9 ft tall, only red, white and silver.   My other one is about 6 ft and is gold, green and red.  The later was basically my husbands tree before me, that I have expanded and improved.   My red and white tree is my baby.  I could stare at it forever.  Last year we used it as distraction when the little one was crying.   For some reason though I feel like it has more holes than normal.  The only good solution, buy more decorations, of course.



I went to the Season's Christmas Show on Friday and this is the first year I didn't buy anything.  Nothing seemed to jump out at me like normal.  I saw a few decorations that were maybes but I decided to wait.   This weekend we are going to Ottawa and another blogger I know from Ottawa was kind enough to tell me about Tinsel Town.  This store might be solution to fill the tree, it looks like a Christmas wonderland.  I am very picky about my ornaments though.  It must go with my themes and well I obviously just have to like it.  Nothing overly flashy.

Any online stores you could recommend for Ornaments or other fun Christmas decor?  Please tell me!

So for the last two years I have done 12 days of Christmas cookies.   It is never 12 days straight in a row but I aim to get 12 cookies done from the beginning of December to now.  Last year I didn't even finish.  My little one was only weeks old and I totally dropped the ball.   Since I feel I am slacking with giving my readers some recipes I am going to try again.   Here is day 1.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!!!



Chocolate Apricot Crinkle Cookies


INGREDIENTS:
  • 3/4 cup Unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 tsp espresso powder
  • 2 tbsp hot water
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Place confectioners sugar on a plate or in a small bowl
  2. In a small bowl , whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  3. In a small cup, mix together espresso powder and hot water.
  4. In a large bowl, whisk together butter and cocoa powder. Add eggs, espresso and vanilla. Stir together until well blended.
  5. Stir flour mixture into wet mixture until almost combined.
  6. Add chopped apricots and chocolate chips, mix until flour combined.
  7. Shape into balls to your desired size and roll in confectioners sugar until well covered.
  8. Place on a parchment lined or silpat lined baking sheet.
  9. Bake for 12-15 minutes, cookies will be cracked and soft. Let cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.



Entered in the Eat In Eat Out Christmas Cookie in July Contest






No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...