Image Map

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cookie Butter Heart Blossom Cookies




I have some sad news.  Okay, sad for me, maybe not for most people.  One of the my favorite kitchen gadgets is dying. A few pieces have started to break and it is barely hanging on and has lost its vigor.  It is the one tool I probably use as much as my mixer. It is so handy, small and quick.  I just love it.   It is my mini processor attachment to my hand blender.  I have had this for years now, so I am hoping I can still find a replacement.  New fancier models have come out since this one but I don't need a new one I just need a new base/bowl.   Right now the little rod that holds the blade in place doesn't stay in place very well and it can be tricky to even get the lid on.  I am also just worried I am going to lose the little rod, since I almost have twice and my mind is baby mush.  I have tried to find it online but of course shipping it to Canada is not going to be an easy task.   I will figure out a way to get my replacement bowl, I must.  I need my mini processor!



I bought some leftover heart chocolates the day after Valentines day and since I knew I would eat them if I didn't bake with them I figured it was time to make some blossom cookies.  The hubby didn't seem to understand the importance of keeping the oil in the peanut butter since we buy the natural stuff so I was worried that wasn't going to work for these cookies.   What is another good butter to use?  COOKIE BUTTER, of course.   It gives the cookies a delicious butterscotch undertone, so yummy.

You can also make these cookies using Hershey Kiss, Lindt, any chocolate with a delicious filling.

Cookie Butter Heart Cookies



Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup cookie butter
  • 1 large egg, room temp
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 24 chocolate caramel/peanut butter hearts
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. In a large bowl or mixer bowl, beat together butter and sugars until light and well combined.
  3. Beat in cookie butter and then egg and vanilla extract.
  4. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt to the batter and mix until just combined.
  5. Using a medium scoop, place rounds on a parchment/silpat lined baking sheet.
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and gently press a chocolate heart into each cookie. Let cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.










No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...