Image Map

Friday, May 13, 2011

Cinnamon Squares

Here is the second recipe I choose for the bake sale. Sorry the delay, there were some blogger issues and I lost this post.   I had this page dog-eared in one of my cookbooks for quite some time and figured this would be a perfect occasion.


(adapted from The Big Book of Baking)

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup apple cinnamon cream cheese
  • 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup light sour cream
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries


INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.   Line a 9x13 pan with tin foil allowing enough to hang over two opposing sides.  Spray with non stick spray. 
2) In your mixer bowl with a paddle attachment or a large bowl, whip the butter and sugar until creamed and fluffy.  Slowly add the eggs, beating on low. 


3) Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into the creamed mixture and mix on low until just combined.  Fold in the sour cream, add the walnuts and cranberries when sour cream just about combined. 


4) Scrap the batter into the pan and level out the top. 
5) Bake for about 45 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.   Let the squares cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then place on a wire rack.

If you like cinnamon you will love these.  Fluffy and delicious.  This recipe could actually be used as a cake or cupcake recipe as well.  I was actually a little sad I had to give these away.  Luckily I packaged them into little bags of two and I had one extra as a little treat for me.


MEG's RATING: D-EEE-LICIOUS!





1 comment:

  1. That last photo is just stunning! Love the close up and the recipe! Thank you for submitting some of your greatest hits! Love em all

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...