Image Map

Friday, November 25, 2011

Five Friday Pin up - Nov 25

Well I am happy I got two blog posts out this week.   I am in the middle of a 150 decorated sugar cookie order.   It might not seem like a lot,  but working full time, blogging and a jammed pack weekend of Christmas events has made my stress level a little high.    My wonderful sister was kind enough to come over last night to help me ice half the cookies and I am now in good shape. Stress level down.   This will continue to be a pretty intensive baking weekend.   I have two - three desserts to bake for a dinner party on Saturday night and then Sunday my friend Heather is coming over for our annual holiday baking day.   This is what we did last year --> Heather & Meg Baking Day 2011    It is a lot of fun and a great way to try a few new recipes.  We make a good team and I think this year we are actually more organized than normal. Maybe.

This weekend I also plan to get my Christmas decorating done, both trees and lights up outside.  Always one of my favorite days.  I put on the Christmas tunes and decorate.  Brad and I will also pick up our final major furniture piece for the basement, aside from his electronics, this leather chair will be the final major piece. Very happy about this, as the basement spending is finally coming to a close.  Brad is maybe more excited as he cries a little every time he sees our savings go down. :-P

When will I fit in Christmas shopping?   I have no idea.  Anyone not started?  Anyone done?   Anyone else have no free time and happy about it because it is filled with holiday events?   I love this time of year!

Here are some wonderful recipes I pinned this week.

1) Twix Truffles by Gimme Some Oven : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329717864/

2) Salted Butter Caramel Ice Cream by Food Nouvea : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329718025/

3) Pecan Caramel Bars by Pip and Ebby : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329718023/

4)  Bacon and Blue Cheese Cornbread by Mmm is for Mommy : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329716132/

5) Acorn Squash stuffed with a Quinoa Pilaf by One Green Planet : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329710947/


Keep an eye on the blog next week I will be introducing a new series from now until Christmas with a giveaway at the end!


Have a SWEET weekend!  Hope everyone in the U.S had a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...