Image Map

Sunday, December 30, 2012

10 days of Cookies - Day 8 - Nutella Haystacks


We had one more Christmas dinner to attend on Thursday night.   A dinner with our extended family - two of our friends and their family.  We sometimes get together with them Christmas eve but one of our friends parents and sister were in Cuba until boxing day so they moved their dinner.  It worked out really good for us as we wouldn't have been able to attend Christmas eve due to family commitments   This dinner was nice as well as our friends cooked up some filet mignon with several tasty sides.   Sammie behaved herself and we had a great time.   One of these friends is our nutella loving friend,  so I always feel it is my food blogging duty to bring him some nutella based treats.    Of course being the unorganized person I am these days I was ill prepared and did little planning.   I then remembered one of my favorite cookies that my mom makes and put on a nutella spin!

Nutella Haystacks

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup nutella
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 3 1/3 cup quick oats
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Combine butter, milk, sugar and cocoa powder in a medium-large sauce pan.   Bring to a simmer for a few minutes until sugar is dissolved.
2) Remove from heat and add vanilla, peanut butter and nutella. Stir together until melted together.
3) Stir in oats, potentially adding more if mixture seems too wet.
4) Using a small scoop place rounds a parchment lined baking sheet.  Fill sheet and place in fridge until cool and set.

MEG's RATING : D-EEEE-LICIOUS!


1 comment:

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...