Image Map

Monday, February 16, 2015

Apple Carrot Loaf and a Virtual Baby Shower #babyfamilybites


 It is always fun to celebrate a new baby.   A fellow Canadian blogger Jan from Family Bites is expecting a baby boy in the next couple weeks so we are throwing her a Virtual Baby Shower.

I will take lack of sleep, teething and poopy diapers any day if I can cuddle with, laugh at and kiss my little babes.  My youngest is almost 7 months now and it has been a blast so far.   So I will say I have been blessed with a rather laid back, very chill happy baby.  I have 1000 photos to show you how easy I can make her smile.  I have even had several moms comment when I go to classes for my older one at how she just sits in her car seat and watches and waits.  She barely makes a peep.  She has always been a fairly decent sleeper and rarely fussy, even now with her first tooth coming in.   I may pay for all of this good behavior later but at least when she is older I can somewhat reason with her (hopefully? maybe? probably not?)

There is a lot of new precious moments coming up for Jan in the next few weeks, cuddles, smiles, giggles (something I am getting as I write this) and cries.   Hopefully she will also get lots of help from her older boys as they learn to take care of their new baby brother.  The rule is you can't start tormenting him until he is three.

Good luck Jan and All the best!!


I decided to make an Apple Carrot Loaf for today's shower from one of my favorite new cookbooks.
Check out what everyone else has cooked for up for Today.

Mardi from eat. live. travel. write made blueberry cheesecake macarons
Julie from Dinner with Julie made lemon scones
Heather from The Tasty Gardener made Cream Puffs with Caramel Cream and Chocolate Pretzel Top
Isabelle from Crumb: A Food Blog made Blackberry Meringue Bars
Jennifer from Seasons and Suppers made Baby Blueberry Beignets
Christina from Strawberries For Supper made Chocolate Madeleines
Aimée from Simple Bites made Roasted Turnip Hummus
Jenny from The Brunette Baker made Wild Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
Liliana from My Cookbook Addiction made mini-cupcakes
Carole from The Yum Yum Factor made Beet and Blue Cheese Canapes
Charmian from The Messy Baker made Piglet Muffins
Amy from Family Feedbag made Marmalade Poke Cake
Brittany from My Daily Randomness made Caramel + Pumpkin Parfait
Meg from Sweet Twist of Blogging made Carrot Apple Loaf
Louisa from Living Lou made Maple Walnut Cookies
Libby from Libby Roach Photography made Butter Baked Good’s Peanut Butter Sandwich cookie
Robyn from Planet Byn made Milk & Cookies Shooters


Apple Carrot Loaf

(adapted from Huckleberry)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups (185g) a mix of all purpose flour/whole wheat flours.  (I did half and half)
  • 1 1/2 tsp wheat germ
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
  • 1/2 cup grated peeled apple
Glaze
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2-3 tbsp milk

INSTRUCTIONS: 
1) Soak the raisins in a cup of warm water for 10 minutes or so.  Drain and set aside. 
2) Preheat the oven to 350F.   Grease or spray a loaf pan (9x5)
3) Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together.   Pour into the pan.  
4) Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.    Allow to cool in pan.   
5) Make icing : beat cream cheese in a medium bowl, then add icing sugar and vanilla.  Beat in milk to thin glaze out a bit.  
6) Remove loaf from pan and spread glaze over top.   

You don't have to add the glaze and this loaf is still delicious.  I just wanted one. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...