Image Map

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Paddy's Day Cookies

I tend to do most of my baking on Thursday nights or the weekend but I couldn't resist baking something for St. Paddy's day. I was hoping to making a chocolate stout cake but the can of beer I thought I had was no longer there.   I happened to remember I had a half batch of sugar cookie dough in my freezer from a couple months ago and  I had also recently bought a shamrock cookie cutter.    I decided to make some simple sugar cookies with a green icing.    Quick and cute.





INGREDIENTS:



  • Your favorite sugar cookie dough
Icing
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
  • 2 tsp milk
  • 2 tsp corn syrup
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Colour paste/gel



INSTRUCTIONS:
1) In a small bowl mix together sugar, milk and syrup until smooth.  Add extract and food colour to your desired intensity. 
2) Place icing into a piping bag with your desired tip and pipe onto cookie in any style you like. 



MEG's RATING : D-EEEE-LICIOUS!









No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...