Image Map

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Brownie Curse... Is it lifted?

For some reason I have had a lot of brownie difficulty in my life.  Many recipes I have tried in the past just don't come out the way they are supposed to or at least the way I want them too. Bad brownie luck? Maybe I just wasn't trying the right recipe? The tricky thing with brownies is there are so many variations because of so many different preferences on texture and flavour.   I prefer a nice balance between the uber rich fudgy brownies and the lighter cake like brownies.  Can I even find that I wonder? So far I have not.   I am crossing my fingers this is the right recipe, especially since I am not just baking these for me or my taste testing co-workers.  These bars are to go along some bridal shower cupcakes (post to follow) as an additional chocolate treat.  These bridal shower guests need energy for bridal shower games and wedding talk. 

Here goes nothing.....

Baked Brownies

Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker and the Baked Cookbook


INGREDIENTS:

  • 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp dark unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 11 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 1 tsp instant espresso powder
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 5 eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup white chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment or foil and spray with non-stick spray
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, and cocoa powder and whisk together together.
3. Using a double boiler (a bowl over and not touching simmering water) add the chocolate, butter and instant espresso powder. Stir occasionally until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth.


4.Turn off the heat and add the sugars to the chocolate mixture. Whisk until completely combined.  Remove from the above the water and allow to come to room temperature.


4) Add 3 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the remaining eggs and vanilla and repeat. Do not over beat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.


5) Fold in the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture using a spatula until flour is half combined.  Add the white chocolate chips and fold in until flour is just combined.


6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time.  Brownies are complete when a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs on it. Let the brownies cool completely, then lift them out of the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into your desired square size.

Life has changed!   This really was a great recipe and I can see why so highly ranked by BYB.  This recipe was not so rich that you can only eat a tiny piece because you feel a sweet overload.  Perfect chocolate flavour and great texture, not too cakey, not too dense.  I also love a recipe that doesn't require the mixer and can be easily put together.  I will put this recipe in the "keeper" folder.

MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!

brownie, baked, white chocolate, best brownie







2 comments:

  1. I would think you're curse would be lifted after making something as amazing at this! These look fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! how spicy it is! After reading your blog now i just want to try it as soon as possible. love to have your browni recipe.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...