Image Map

Monday, October 17, 2011

Apple Chips





I have gotten to the point where I need a small break from all the apple baking. Not to say I am done with fall apple baking I just wanted a small break.   I did, however need to come up with something that would use up a significant amount of apples as they were starting to pile up.  Jeff was bringing me tons of apples and I couldn't use them fast enough.   No time and tired =apple slices  I do have a food dehydrator and have made apple slices using that in the past but I wanted to give a nice roasted flavour to them.  Putting the apples in the oven will also make my house smell absolutely divine.   

INGREDIENTS:
  • Apples - as many as you like really.
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp cinnamon
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Core the apples.   Slice the apples using a mandolin.  I used 1.5mm thick. 


2) Preheat the oven to 300F.  Cover several baking sheets with silpat or parchment.  Place the slices on the baking sheets. 

3) Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle the apple slices very lightly with the cinnamon sugar. 


4)  Bake the slices, rotating half through for 30-35 min, depending on how crunchy you like them.  Watch carefully as they can burn quickly but the crunchy ones are quite nice. Apple slices will curl and feel dry when done. 

I ended up making two large batches of these because co-workers were addicted to them. They were devoured pretty quickly.    Some were crunchy, some were soft but all were delicious.   I think I will also make another big batch at the end of season and save them for the winter.

MEG's  RATING: D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!


apple, chips, baked

8 comments:

  1. Oh they look so cruncy and delicious.. Very good idea!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, it took me 3 tries to not burn them, but eventually got it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first batch was burnt too, that's when I moved to 300F. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love these! We've posted them on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/redpathsugar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiration. I think I will make these and drizzle with caramel for my daughter's school Halloween party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those chips look divine!

    Richa @ http://hobbyandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea! Can't wait to try them myself. I've just posted a link to this recipe on my blog: MotiveWeight.Tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was yummy & apples with cinnamon fills the warm smells of baking in the house. For the first time, it worked but I had to practice the slicing to make perfect circles in the rings. The rings fell of if the slice was the other way!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...