Image Map

Monday, January 16, 2012

Pear Cherry Crumble Pie

pear, dried cherry, crumble, pie, cinnamon

Did anyone watch the Golden Globes last night?  I sat here staring at my screen for quite some time not writing any thing.   Every time I tempted to write something I lost my train of thought and then got distracted again by pretty dresses and handsome men.

Something about pears..don't remember, George Clooney arrived.  Dried Cherries, blah blah, don't remember Adam Levine showed up.   And then I was laughing at Ricky Gervais.   Not mean and still funny.

Back to crumble pies...,  I love any kind of crumble.  Any fruit, any nut,  bring it on.   Crumbles are easy,  almost impossible to screw up, sweet, tart, nutty and crunchy all in one bite.  What's not to love?

What are your favorite crumble flavours?

Pear Cherry Crumble Pie
(adapted from Fine Cooking)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 Pie Crust - pre-made or homemade (whatever you have time for - mine was pre-made)
Crumble

  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup butter, cubed
Filling
  • 4-5 Barlett pears, peeled, chopped & cubed
  • 1/2 cup dried cherries
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon




INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Combine dry crumble ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together.  Add butter and mix together with your hands, mixing together moistening the crumble.   It will get darker as the butter is absorbed.


2) Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl and toss together to coat the pears with the
sugar/cinnamon.


3) Take 1/2 cup of the filling and mix it in with the pears.   Add filling to the pie dough.


4) Top the pie with remaining crumble.  Bake @ 350F for 50 minutes on a baking sheet.
5) Let cool slightly, serve warm with ice cream.    Pie can be reheated if not served right away.


And all the remained was an empty silver tin.  This might be one of my favorite combinations to date.  This might have to replace my holiday apple crumble.

MEG's RATING - D-EEEEE-LICIOUS















4 comments:

  1. I love it Meg, I dont have dry cherries but maybe I'll use dried cranberries..
    The pictures are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really love to eat that slice right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pears and Cherries~ This looks scrumptious! Don't you just love it when you find something so delicious! We have a pear tree on our farm that bears loads of pears in the summer so I can't wait to try it~!Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...