Image Map

Friday, January 20, 2012

Five Friday Pin Up - Jan 20

This wasn't an overly busy week, it was just an unproductive week.    I had my French farmhouse cooking class on Tuesday and the braised pork in milk was wonderful.  Made a sauce with the milk afterwards and it was delish.   I will remake this and post for you all.  I forgot to take photos.   The Chef also made salted arctic char but I don't like fish so I didn't try it.

This week was also a lot  of playing with my new Galaxy Nexus - which I am in love with by the way.  (Widgets are awesome!)  This phone however led me to wasting a dreadful amount of time playing angry birds.  I will tell you why this game is addictive.  It is the inability to beat a level you know how to beat.    You know where the birds have to go and what they need to do, you just keep screwing it up or getting the trajectory wrong.  You simply keep telling yourself, one more time, one more time, one more time - over and over again.   I will stop once I beat this level and then you beat the level and keep playing.  It's ridiculously really.   I expect the novelty to wear off once I beat all the free levels I can.

I do vow this weekend to put aside my angry birds and bake.  I have a lot on the baking agenda this weekend and am hoping I can get through it all.  I also plan to do some brain storming on new recipes for some upcoming events and other than some typical house cleaning I think my weekend is fairly flexible right now.  All good signs point to productivity.   I will sit the laptop in the kitchen, put on some TV shows and bake.

This was a week of awesome savory pins ( I had to include one sweet) .  Check them out, you won't be disappointed

1)  Lentil, Grape, Feta and Walnut salad by Cheap Recipe Blog - http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329870077/

2) Warm Chickpea Salad by Runs with Spatulas - http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329878071/

3) White Chicken & Artichoke Lasagna by Tasty Tidbits : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329878816/

4)  Eggs, Kielbasa and Mushrooms in Puff Pastry by Jo Cooks : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329882882/

5) Snickers Cookies by Bakers Royale : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329878007/


Have a Sweet weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...