I should go on Shark Tank with these brownies, they would love me.
Chocolate Pretzel Caramel Brownies(base adapted from Scientifically Sweet)
- 2 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose (or regular all purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 30-35 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tbsp half and half (10% cream)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups dark chocolate covered pretzels, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8x8 square pan with parchment, spray with non stick spray.
2) In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and salt.
3) In a medium saucepan add butter and melt over medium low heat.
4) Add espresso powder and cocoa and whisk all together. Set aside to cool.
5) Add eggs, vanilla, hot water and butter mixture to the bowl with the flour/sugar mixture. Whisk all together until almost combined. Fold in toffee bits.
6) Pour batter into pan, bake about 20-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out with minor crumbs.
Let the brownies cool completely.
7) In a small saucepan add caramels and cream, heat on low stirring occasionally until caramels are completely melted. Turn of heat and let cool just slightly. Spread over brownies using an offset spatula.
8) Cover the caramel with the chocolate pretzels, pressing them in gently.
9) DEVOUR, it will be hard not too.
Chewy, Gooey, Crunchy, Salt, Sweet - These brownies have it all!!!!
MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...