Image Map

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Red Velvet Blondies with white chocolate chips and cream cheese icing.


I would say TGIF but on mat leave I have no concept of days of the week.  In fact I often think it is not the day of the week it is.   I am also not sure I can say TGIF as we are expecting quite the snow storm tomorrow.   Now again I don't really have any where to go since I ran my errands today so I may not even notice.  Unless I have to help the hubby shovel the driveway..ugh.   Parts of the next few days for me will involve making a Barbie cake for my niece who is turning 4 early next week.  Her party is this Sunday.   I love making these cakes they are so cute and I know she will love it.  I love how she knows the good cakes come from her aunt.

Thanks to all who commented to win the beater blades.  I dropped all the comments to in a random generator and the winners of the beater blades are

Liz from A Sweet Baker
Jenna from Little Kitchen Big Flavours

Congratulations you two!  I will contact you to get your shipping info.

Here is a delicious red treat to make for your sweet.   (Yes, I did that cheesy rhyme on purpose)


Red Velvet Blondies with White Chocolate Chips and Cream Cheese Icing

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 - 1/4 tsp red food colouring 
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
Icing
  • 3/4 cup oz package light cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
  • 3 oz white chocolate, melted
  • heart sprinkles

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 8 inch square pan with non stick spray. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
2) In a large bowl or mixer bowl, add butter and sugars and beat together until creamy.
3) Add eggs, vanilla and red paste, beat to combine
4) Add dry ingredients and mix on low to just combine
5) In a tiny bowl combine baking soda and vinegar, this will bubble.  Add this mixture to the blondies and mix in.
6) Fold in chocolate chips.  Pour into pan.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7) Make icing : Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth.  Add vanilla and melted white chocolate.   Beat together.   Add in confectioners sugar in two batches, beating until incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed.
8) Spread over the cooled blondies.  Top with sprinkles.

I wish I made a bigger batch of these.  Delish!!






6 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty cake! I love how soft the frosting looks, especially draping down the side! Yum! Would love it if you would share this with Iron Chef Mom-White Chocolate!
    http://www.lemonsforlulu.com/2013/02/04/iron-chef-mom-party-white-chocolate/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything red velvet this time of the year. Your cake looks so tempting. I love the icing and the sprinkles on top, so perfect for Valentine's day.
    Thanks for sharing and thank you for the lovely comment you left on my guest post on Aimee's blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! Cream Cheese Frosting and me, we have a love hate relationship. I love it but hate what it does to my pants, lol! I'd eat the whole tray, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love a great blondie and these are red velvet! Thanks for linking at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good bunch of heart sprinkles, so festive :) I totally agree with the days of the week thing - weekends just aren't what they once were!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...