Image Map

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Salted Caramel Macaroons




Oh right,  I am food blogger.  I am supposed to be bringing you delicious desserts a lot more often than I have been.   Weekends away, Christmas parties, shopping, a sick little one etc etc have seem to gotten in the way.

These cookies were actually meant for a neighbour in exchange for a favor while we were away for a few days.  Unfortunately he never got the message from his son and never got the cookies.  Instead they were were sent to my husbands work for a potluck party.  Still well enjoyed.

I stopped into my work this past week to discuss my return post mat leave.  While there they happened to mention that there has been a significant decline in work treats since I left.   They seem pretty excited to have me back.  Not sure if it is for the treats or for my work but I suspect they are hoping for a new increase in desserts.   I don't mind, bringing treats into work means less I eat and more experimenting.   *Sneaky, Sneaky*




Salted Caramel Macaroons



INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup kraft caramels squares/balls
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup brown rice flour
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment.
  2. In a large bowl combine coconuts, sugar, flour and salt.
  3. In a microwave proof, measuring cup melt caramels using 15 second intervals, stirring after each one. Once melted stir in sea salt.
  4. Stir in caramel , egg whites and butter into the coconut mixture.
  5. Shape into heaping tablespoon rounds and place on baking sheet.
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until macaroons are lightly golden and a little firm.
  7. Let cool on baking sheet a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...