Image Map

Thursday, January 9, 2014

No Bake Chocolate Butterscotch Haystacks



I AM BACK!

I took a bit of a blogging hiatus over the holidays. I have spent the last 13 months on mat leave.  I got to spend it playing, cuddling and enjoying every minutes with my daughter.  We took two sets of swimming lessons, baby Picasso, mom and baby workout and yoga and tons of play dates with other friends.  2013 was an amazing year and I was honestly a little sad come new years eve it was ending.   2014 though is going to bring a whole new set of adventures.

As of January 6,  I had to return to work.  Which is not bad but the reason for my hiatus. I wanted to spend my last few weeks before going back just enjoying the holidays and spending time with my family.   Now that we are here in the new year I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.  I honestly feel like I am in baking and blog withdrawal.  There are so many things I want to bake and share with you.  I also have so many blogs to go catch up on.  The good thing about being back at work is I can also bake up a storm and not worry as much about having all these tempting desserts at my house, I can now bring things into work.    I am giving my co-workers so additional winter insulation. 

I love this cookie because it is so quick.  I am all about being efficient now that my time has been cut by 8 hours a day.   I am going to have to do some serious planning this year in all aspects of my life, food, blogging, time, cleaning, money.   It should be fun. 

Well enjoy this easy cookie.  You might eat them as fast as you make them.




No Bake Chocolate Butterscotch Haystacks


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 package butterscotch chips
  • 3-4 cups crushed orange chinese chow mien noodles
  • 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a very large bowl, over a double boiler, melt both packages of chips.
  2. Stir in crushed noodles and peanuts until everything is completely coated.
  3. Scoop out a heaping spoonful and place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Continue with all mixture. Place in fridge or in my case my insanely cold garage. Once set, place in airtight container or ziploc.










No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...