Image Map

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cracked Grain Banana Bread

        


It has been two months since our little group of bloggers started our Weight Loss Wednesday journey.  I have missed a few posts along the way but I am still mentally trying to make more of an effort to eat healthy and continue being active.  
After two months I can say I have lost a few pounds, pants are fitting better and I am learning new ways to bake healthy.  With the holidays coming up it is going to get harder and harder to stay focused with parties, family dinners and fun holiday baking.  My solution will be to exercise harder, drink more water and find those healthy substitutions.  I will not gain weight this holiday season!  Say it with me!



This bread is going to help me.  This bread is chocked full on grainy goodness.  This is a traditional dutch bread called Roggebrood that I twisted and added bananas too.  My mother in law got me hooked on this bread.  Full of fibre, it has no eggs, no processed sugar with just a bit of molasses.   I like to make a big bundt size, slice it and freeze portions of it

Cracked Grain Banana Bread

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 cups red river cereal
  • 1 1/2 cups All bran cereal
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tbsp molasses
  • 2 medium bananas, pureed
  • 3 cups hot water
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Mix all dry ingredients together.
  3. Add molasses, bananas and water and mix all together.
  4. Pour into a bundt pan.
  5. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Bread will be set and not runny.
Note: Since there is very little preservatives in this bread, store in the refrigerator or freeze portions and warm to eat. It is just that much better warm. 





Other WLW posts

Pint Size Baker
The Haas Machine
Je suis alimentageuse





No comments:

Post a Comment

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...