Image Map

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One Bowl, Two Bites.... Okay Maybe Three.

My sister is quite smart,  and let me tell you why.  It is practically impossible for me to say no when it comes to my niece.   She is just so wonderfully adorable and if I can do something for her I will.   So when my sister asks me to make some cupcakes for her daycare,  I do.  Yes, that's right,  daycare. She is only 2 and really has no idea that the cupcakes came from me but its makes me happy and also gives me something to blog about.   Who's the best Aunt ever, ME! haha!

The only tricky thing  was I happened to be a bit pressed for time this week so I need a quick cupcake recipe.   The kind of recipe where I can throw it all in a bowl, put on the mixer and be done. Quick baking and quick clean up.  These are my one bowl chocolate cupcakes.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup of cocoa
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 packet of hot chocolate
  • 1 tbsp skim milk powder
  • 3 tbsp oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup warm water
Icing

  • Use your favorite chocolate icing or See January's "Rolling Rolling Rolling Part 2" for Icing. Exclude the Peanut Butter if you want pure chocolate icing. 
  • Sprinkles

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with about 20 paper liners. 
2) Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.   Add the wet ingredients and beat until combined.  Scrap down the sides and fold the batter into it self a few times.


Dry ingredients in first

What a beautiful mess.
3)  Add about two tablespoons of batter to each paper cup (about 2-3 full).  Bake 18 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. 
4) Let pan cool with cupcakes inside for 5 minutes then remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely before icing.   Cupcakes can be stored overnight or frozen in a container for 1 month.
5) Add the icing to a piping bag with star tip and cover the top with multiple stars.  Add your choice of sprinkles for the kids.


These cupcakes were a cinch to put together.  There are great if you are low on time but want some rich chocolate flavour.  Or low on time and realize that the 3 year olds who are eating the cupcakes will probably spend more time licking off the icing than eating the cupcake.   My sister gave me the thumbs up on the taste test to make sure it was safe for the kids of course.  *wink,wink*   I love this icing pattern on cupcakes for some reason.  It's unique and funky and has small little pockets perfect for holding sprinkles, shavings or chocolate chunks. 

MEG's RATING's : D-EEEE-LICIOUS!





1 comment:

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...