Image Map

Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Friday Pin up

Today is 11-11-11.   This only happens once every 100 years. Is there any important significance or luck today?  Could be if you find the number 11 has mystical powers.   In 1911 on November 11 temperatures in some parts of the US dropped by more than 60F.  A mystic event due to all the 11's or coincidence.   Who knows but maybe I will watch the news for any random events.

November 11 does have a true significance despite what year it is,  Today is Remembrance Day and Veterans Day.   A day to remember all those brave men and women that have fought for their countries, to protect us and keep us safe.  It's a day to remember what they went through and a day to remember what we have now because of them.  I hope you take a moment of silence for this special day.

Today is also my Husband's birthday.  He always complains that I am hard to shop for but I think he is.  I did have some difficulty this week but I did manage to come up with a few gifts, which I hope will do the trick. Tonight we will go out for a special dinner, hopefully pick up our new tables on Saturday and have his family over for dinner on the Sunday.  Busy, Busy!   I also have to figure out what to bake him for dessert on Sunday.    I did bake him some peanut butter cookies already but I need to figure out something for Sunday's family dinner.  Any suggestions??

It was a great week for pinning.  I found so much great stuff.  I couldn't stop one day.

Here are some of my favorites.

1) Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies by Baking Bites : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329684459/

2) Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte by Annies Eats : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329682143/

3) Pumpkin Pecan Pudding Cake by This Can't be Vegan : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329682131/

4) Gluten free Egg Bagels by Free Eats Food : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329685534/

5) Baked Zucchini Sticks by King Arthur Flour : http://pinterest.com/pin/149744756329682137/


Have a Sweet Weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg,
    I found the Coconut Chocolate Pie on Pinterest and then to your blog. I didn't see an email addy for you so here I go ~ :-)

    I just made this tonight and I don't think it's what it should be.

    The pkg of coconut I got was 14oz...directions said 11oz, @6 cups of coconut. The 14 oz was 5-1/3 cups.

    Also, the chocolate was noted as bittersweet...should that have been semi-sweet? The filling is really bitter.

    Did you use any topping on yours? I'm trying to figure out what to do to counteract the bitter taste of the chocolate filling. I would really appreciate your help!!!

    Thanks a million ~ and I'm so glad to find your blog.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send you an email but the measurements pretty much came straight from Martha's book.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...